Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Who gives a hoot?

That's right...who gives a hoot that I didn't end up at the gym yesterday? I don't that's for sure. Chris ended up taking my van to work as his car had a flat tire. In all honesty I think that he is just jealous of the uber awesomeness that is a soccer mom van!!! With out the van I had no way of taking 3 munchkins with me to as they call it "the work out place." We made the best of the night here instead. I made some amazing ribs and some not so amazing potatoes....

Side note-those "real" potatoes that you can buy in the freezer section....you know the ones you just microwave and then mash....yeah those....they are NOT REAL. At least not by any of my standards. Why did I buy them you ask? Oh that's right 1-because I am lazy and 2-I loathe the smell of raw potatoes!!! Looks like it's gonna be back to the real deal, those things were still terrible even after being all doctored up.

Back to our night. After dinner the kids and I cleaned up then sat down for a nice game (or 4) of kids sequence (thanks Amber, Colt, and Jason). Surprisingly the game went really well for all 3 kids. Mckena didn't really get the whole concept, but I think with a few more tries she will have it. After the kids went to bed I settled in to catch up on one of my little guilty pleasures....Tori and Dean. Anyone else watch this? I had seen an episode or two back when they were doing the whole B&B thing and I'm not gonna lie...i kinda liked it. Now this season they are opening a store and expecting their 3rd baby. I'm sure it's scripted, but I like to see how celb's have to deal with all the paparazzi bs. Ahh well...check it out...you just might get a laugh or two out of it.

Then it was off to work....Yay for Mondays!!! <----lies I remembered as I was walking in that I still had to take down all of the Christmas decorations at work...really was not looking forward to that; however my night perked up when I opened my desk drawer and saw a little owl looking back at me!!! I know your probably thinking an owl...what the f@#*?

You see I have this thing for owls ever since last summer. I got to pet a mini owl while we were in Wisconsin on vacation. This thing would only grow to be max 2lbs!!! It was the cutest effing thing that I had ever seen. Needless to say I want one!! Not really, as I can hardly keep up with all that I already have in my life, but they are amazing. Anyway back to the owl in the drawer...He came off of one of the other departments Christmas tress...I had spotted him back in December and had threatened to steal him!!! No need for that as some little elf made my request come true. He now sits upon the shelf of my desk almost as a reminder to not give such a "hoot" about the small stuff.

As for today....I got up early and actually went to the gym!!! Yay me!!! Got in a good workout then it was home to shower and make dinner. Made up some yummy chicken fajitas and even cleaned up the whole kitchen when dinner was done!!! Two days in a row...can you believe it? I can't!! The kids and I then ran to the mall and to Kohls to return some stuff. Overall productive day...now I'm pooped...maybe a nap is on order before work tonight.....

2 comments:

  1. Lynae- I find it interesting that after cooking a large meal I feel the need to clean the kitchen, but after I make mac & cheese the dishes can sit there till the next day. Do you feel the same way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate dishes...I would let them sit there forever I think!!! I am trying something new this week where I am not using the dishwasher at all. Kinda felt like I was wasting time cleaning the dishes just to put them in the dishwasher!!! It's working great!!!

    ReplyDelete