Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Yikes!!!

I figured that I should probably start out today with a quick jump on the scale…..160.8!!!! Definitely not what I was expecting. Looks like Santa brought me about 6 extra lbs for Christmas this year. Thanks a lot big guy! Well, 130 is my goal. That would take me back to my pre-wedding/pre-baby weight. It’s gonna be a long road, but I think I can actually do it this time. I joined a gym a few months back because I decided to quit smoking (to the family members that didn’t know I was a smoker… you can’t be mad at me now because I quit!!) and wanted to prevent the dreaded weight gain that goes with it. I was super dedicated and was losing weight and toning up. I even got to the point where my current wardrobe was getting a bit to big on me. Then November came along….I had to take some time off from the gym per doctors orders; however when I got the all clear to go back I didn’t. It’s so easy to fall off the treadmill so to speak. Now it’s the new year and I am set to start on the new me. I want to be healthy. I want to run a marathon. I want to feel good about myself in a bathing suit. Yeah that one is a long shot I know!! But in all honesty I think it just might be possible.

You see, I love going to the gym. Ok, maybe not going there, but the way I feel when I have just finished a grueling cardio session or pushed thru a few extra reps on a weight machine. I really work hard at the gym….figure that if I am there I should really push myself. And let me just tell you…I am not one of those cute girls at the gym. I hate those girls….how does their hair and makeup stay so perfect?!? I am one of the disgusting girls. I never wear makeup and I still have not figured out a good way to keep my short hair somewhat decent. Usually after about 8 minutes my face is all red and I am dripping with sweat. Sounds hot right? My husband Chris seems to think the gym is a hookup place. Asking almost daily if anyone is hitting on me there and I have to laugh…..really babe…..yep there are totally guys waiting for me when I get off my elliptical. haha. Well, I suppose instead of talking about the gym I should actually go!!! Ta ta for now….

1 comment: